Misti Meyers (CURRICULUM VITAE 9-14) has been in the field of nonprofit management on all sides of the desk for more than 20 years and has personally authored more than $200 million of grants for numerous nonprofits. She has an extensive background and understanding in compliance as well as ‘best practices’ associated with the delivery of integrate behavioral health and health care services. She has a culmination of education and experience that includes providing high level consulting services for federal studies, rules, policies and legislation including Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA), Texas Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Division (CJD), Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Arizona Regional Behavioral Health Administration (REBA), Florida Juvenile Justice and Florida, Texas and Arizona County Community Healthcare Needs Assessments.
Areas of Research Interest: Health Care, Addiction, Comorbid Diagnoses, Psychiatric Disorders, HIV/AIDS, Integrated Behavioral Health Care, Prevention, Treatment, Community Mobilization, Jail Diversion, Behavioral Court.
- Revenue Development for Nonprofits – have authored more than $200 million of grants
- Project management
- Leadership/communication skills
- Budgeting expertise
- Negotiations expert
- Business operations organization
- Quality Management
- Training Needs Assessment
- Staff Training
- Fund Accounting Expert
- 15 years of Executive Level Experience
- Community Needs Assessment
- Internal Controls Expert
- Actively Spearheaded community mobilization for Comorbid Psychiatric and Behavioral Community Healthcare and helped to develop 2 community clinics become FQHC (Federally Qualified Health Center) in Jacksonville, FL and Tucson, AZ.
- Expert in: Cultural Sensitivity/ Relevance, Homelessness, Mental Health/Substance Abuse, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, Jail Diversion, Re-Entry, Drug Court. Expert is defined as successfully authored grant, consulted, evaluated and published articles/ reports with numerous organizations, journals, federal agencies, etc.
- Published in 14 Peer Reviewed Journals
- Wrote, produced and published a novel, “The Never Say Never Kid”.
Highlights from Past Ten Years:
- provided evaluation services for over 25 SAMSHA projects,
- authored multiple successful DSHS substance abuse prevention and treatment contracts,
- successfully authored eighteen CSAP HIV/Substance Abuse Minority Prevention Proposals,
- successfully authored two CSAT Methamphetamine Treatment Initiative proposals,
- successfully authored two CSAP club drug initiative Proposals,
- successfully authored two CMHS/ CSAT Homeless Initiative Proposals,
- successfully authored one CMHS Jail Diversion Program,
- successfully authored two CSAT HIV and Treatment Initiative,
- successfully authored two CSAT Recovery Oriented Systems of Care (ROSC) Proposals,
- successfully authored two HRSA Planning Grants for developing FQHC,
- authored numerous successful projects DSHS HIV/HEI grants, of which, most all were awarded,
- conducted targeted community needs assessments in Texas, Arizona, and Florida,
- coordinated a highly successful state-wide conference in an extremely brief turn-around timeline of six-weeks
Please check out my author page to learn more about a novel I co-wrote with my teenage daughter.